Thursday 21 June 2012

The garden

I have been somewhat busy of late, hence the complete lack of posts. Given that we still have another 7 weeks to go in the term (yes, I know, it's the end of June. But this is Japan. We do things differently here. And we are determinedly proud of that fact), I figure won't be writing all that much over the next month or so either.
It's, well if not exactly summer, then late spring here. A very wet spring it has to be said. For the past fortnight we have pretty much day-in-day-out of fog, drizzle, fog, more drizzle, interspersed with bouts of rainy mist. 
My plants however seem to like it.




Sanae and Cian have embarked on an experiment to see if vegetables, particularly those that require lots of sunlight, like tomatoes and cucumbers, can grow in a place with barely any sunlight at all!
Like I said, they're calling it an experiment. I'm calling it a 'failure' but that's just because I have slumped into a fog fueled pit of wet negativity. Sort of like a one man version of the Irish soccer team, humming the Fields of Athenry to myself as I trudge to work every morning.
Mind you, it could be worse - I could be a Clare hurling supporter.


1 comment:

  1. Ah-ha-ha-ha.....
    Clare hurling v Dublin hurling.....
    Due to Olympic commitments (yes, I was there when Katie won) and copious rounds of golf, I have missed those (not so)subtle barbs from the east. On my return I find the author leaving himself open to that same ridicule which he attempts to send Banner-ward, only to forgetting that it is a Banner man who is engaged in the task of making sure the Dublin hurling fraternity go back to the cave from whence the dared venture briefly in the last couple of years. Proper order to be restored imminently......well in the next 5 years hopefully!

    ReplyDelete

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...