Wednesday 23 January 2013

Today

is a rather nice day for mid-winter here in Hokkaido. The sun is shining clear through a bright, brittle azure sky; there isn't a cloud to be seen nor a lick of wind, and the temperature has climbed to a balmy +2 degrees celsius.
Unfortunately today is also a Wednesday, so my enjoyment of this unseasonal weather is vicarious at best. I might sneak in a quick 20 minute stroll at lunchtime just to remind my skin what sunshine feels like and to stave off rickets.
Unfortunately, the weather is due to change late tomorrow evening - typically, just in time for the weekend - and we are due blizzards and lots of snow from Friday on.
With that prospect maybe I will extend my walk to 30 minutes, students be damned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...