Friday 16 January 2015

Skiing season has commenced



And so we took ourselves off to the snowy winter wonderland that is Rusutsu last weekend. It was my first time out on the big sticks this year, though probably not my last for dear reader I actually surprised myself (and Sanae and Cian) by actually enjoying myself. Admittedly, not as much as Cian enjoyed himself hurtling down the mountain barreling past all the cloven footed Australian beginners littering the course. Rusutsu and the neighbouring resort of Niseko have in recent years attracted a huge influx of foreigners, particularly from the Antipodes and Hong Kong. During the ski season you almost hear more English on the slopes than Japanese. Though most of it tends to be "Ahh strewth mate, my bloody ski's come off again!" We plan to be back up there again February as Cian continues his long-term preparations for the 2026 Winter Olympics. In the meantime you can 'thrill to the action' by watching this video here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...