Friday 2 October 2015

Andrew Fox, "Good Money"

I subscribe to the Dublin Review, a quarterly periodical that successfully embraces the long form essay and contemporary Irish fiction. At times it tends a tad too much towards a prevalent 'grim brutalism' in its depictions of modern Ireland, but this is balanced by the sheer quality of the contributors' writing. I particularly like the work of a young Dublin novelist Andrew Fox, whose work has appeared in the Review over the past couple of years. He published his first collection of short stories 'Over our heads' earlier this year, and while I have yet to read it (it's on the bedside stack along with the other 300 plus books I haven't read. It's a big stack.), I have just read his most recent story, 'Good money', in the latest issue of the Dublin Review. For what it is worth, in my opinion both Fox and the Review are worth your time (and yes, money).

No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...