Monday 24 May 2010

Promises, promises...


Yes, I know, I promised in my last post to have more posts, daily posts, posts for everyone!
But.
But, well me and promises are a bit like the Muroran weather in May - fickle, changeable and prone to fog. And I am shockingly busy - in a way that makes me think I might have a proper job. First term here in university runs from April to the beginning of August and for some reason the majority of my classes get front loaded into this period. At the moment I have 10 a week, which will drop to 5 a week in the Autumn. I also have a slew of reports, articles and meaningless assignments to do (example: "How is technology improving your classroom?" - 400 words, in Japanese for the university's faculty development newsletter. I am trying to figure out where I can find another 398 words to go with "It's not").
But, yeah, I know, these are all baleful excuses. The real reason I haven't been blogging more is Eyjafjallajokull, the Icelandic volcano that has showered ash all over my keyboard and prevented me from typing anything.
Damn you Mother Nature, and your fiery tantrums!
Regardless of the risk to our personal safety from poisonous ash clouds, red-hot lumps of molten lava, and hungry bears, the three of us went for a walk up the mountains behind the house last weekend. Again 'walk' is applicable to myself and Sanae. His majesty was regally carried most of the way because of a bizarre gravity-stimulus illness that suddenly afflicted Cian. Every time his feet touched the ground he would instantly get a pain in his stomach that could only be cured by sitting in a carrier on Daddy's back.
I wanted to leave him for the bears but my wife wouldn't let me. Sometimes she can be no fun at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...