Wednesday 4 May 2011

April


After the heroics of March I kind of took the month of April off - 6 posts in total as compared to close on 30 the month before. Given events over here the blog was in danger of becoming "Japan, Apocalypse Now", and the cumulative wear and tear on the soul was beginning to get to me. Plus April marks the start of the new school/academic year here so I was quite busy at work. And there wasn't all that much to write about really (my London Olympic qualifying run in the Date half marathon apart). As a result, it seems I have lost my Malaysian readership (fickle bastards), but have picked up some fans in, eh, Ukraine.
But it's May, the weather is beginning to warm up (though as I write this it seems to have relapsed into a sort of sulky late winter - heavy rain and sleet this morning with a daffodil decimating high of 5 degrees today. As Cian so aptly put it, "arse weather"); so hopefully we will be out and about a bit more at the weekends and there will be a bit more to write about.
Though a lot of it could just be about gardening, gardening centres, growing things, stopping small creepy-crawly things from infecting my growing things, and how Cian keeps eating the semi-ripe tomatoes. Yes, it's gardening season and as my surfing career has been temporarily halted (until Cian finishes primary/elementary school and can be left on his own on weekend mornings I have been informed, nay, it has been decreed by she who must be obeyed), that is pretty much all I will be doing this season. So brace yourself for a series of distinctly middle-aged posts about flowering geraniums, rampant clematis and my ongoing battle with the local ant colony.



No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...