Friday 25 October 2013

The Pox!

Look at him, fear him, revile him. The dread postules, angry red and rife across the pallid body. Suppurating and scabbing, raw evidence of the infection within.
Sorry, don't know what came over me.
Cian has chicken pox, or rather, 'The infected one has the plague' to be more exact. I have fled to Kobe in western Japan - I would rather take my chances with a typhoon than with 'bio-hazard boy'. I've told Sanae I will only return after Cian is given the all clear by the doctor, and she burns all his clothes. And his bedding. And while she's at it, some of her CDs, as while they themselves are not infected the musicians are clearly contaminated by a complete lack of talent.
Word of Cian's condition has unfortunately gotten out and our neighbours are getting restless, demanding a sacrifice be made to the gods of pox, chicken, rooster, and Colonel Saunders. They seem to have a couple of carpenters amongst them and a pretty detailed idea of the type of sacrifice the gods will be happy with.
I am hoping that by the time I get back from Kobe things will have either quietened down, or burnt themselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...