Tuesday 19 November 2013

An autumn walk



While Mammy was battling through her fever (with odd moments of William Blake like hallucinatory clarity It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. Now get me some chocolate!"), myself and Cian decided to the decent, familial thing and flee, yes flee, from Sanae's sickbed. Pursued by anguished, feverish shouts of "In the universe there are things that are known, and things that are unknown, and in between, there are doors!!". There is also the front door through which we ran, our pounding footsteps crackling through the brown leaves, and we didn't stop until we reached the top of Rakusan. Where it was a rather nice evening with a luminous sunset, though Cian did say, somewhat unsettlingly, that the scene had a touch of the Hieronymous Bosch about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...