Sunday 11 July 2010

I have been


in Hong Kong for the past week where, as you all well know, they don't have the internet. Or even electricity. It's all rickshaws and laundries down there. But more of that in a while.
First to the big game today, the final between two teams, one expected to be there, one a bit of a surprise. Cork were always going to be in the final but I reckon most people would have put Tipp opposite them rather than Waterford. Whoever wins though, I reckon Kilkenny won't lose too much sleep over it.
To the other final. Lot of history here. 50 years since Louth took to the field in Croke Park in a Leinster final. Will that weigh them down or will they do a Clare on it and relish the opportunity to lay some old ghosts to rest. And don't I just sound like the newspapers.
And there's the soccer. I like Spain. I have a Spanish friend. I like Spanish food. The first foreign country I ever went to was Spain (Majorca, 1976). And we didn't fight them at the Battle of the Boyne. So Viva La Espana! Prediction 2 - 0 and free tapas for everyone at Eva and Micheal's house.

"Keep away from the square. Our keeper's gay" - "Good Jaysus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...