Wednesday 15 February 2012

Last Sunday

- Daddy, I want to go sleighing.
- Cian, it's too cold.
- But I want to go.
- Cian, look outside. It's snowing, it's windy and the weather forecast woman said it's -5 °C outside today. Just look out the window. It's like this:


- But if we go sleighing we'll get warm.
- I'm already warm. I just spent the last two hours shoveling snow while you were watching Curious George.
- But I want to play outside!
- And I want to watch the Ireland-France rugby match.
- But Ireland are going to lose.
- Probably.
- So let's go sleighing.
- No.
- Daaaddddyyyy!!!!
- Okay, after the match. Alright?
- Well, oooookay, I suppose.
.......
- There's no match.
- What daddy?
- There's no shagging match. The referee has cancelled the game. Said it was too cold.
- Oh. Can we go sleighing now?
- No, the referee said it was too cold to go sleighing.
- No he didn't.
- He did. He said it in french.
- What! No he didn't!
- He did. He said it very quickly. 'Un match avec le cancel, voulez vous frigid, ne c'est pas'.
- Daddy!!! You said we can go sleighing after the match. There's no match so we can go now.
- But it's cold and windy and snowy and...
- Now! Daddy, I want to go now!
- Oh for chrissakes. Okay, okay. We'll go. But it won't be fun.



It was great fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...