Friday 11 March 2011

This afternoon's earthquake

As I write this the after shocks from this afternoon's devastating earthquake are still rocking our part of northern Japan. It is indicative of just how powerful the earthquake was that here in Muroran, some 400 miles from the epicenter, we got tremendously shaken. As I write the television news is showing live pictures from Hiroo-cho where both Sanae and I used to live showing a tsunami submerging the harbour. Mind you, this is mild compared to the huge 7 metre waves that broke over the Pacific coast of northern Honshu.
I should, of course, say that we are all fine - myself and Cian are at home while Sanae is still at school. She is fine but incredibly busy trying to allay the panic and fears of all the kids. Hopefully she will be home soon.
I will write later more this evening.

2 comments:

  1. Just listening to reports on radio. Good to hear that you are all OK! I still recall your story about 'earthquake radio' when you arrived in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in and happy to hear that you are fine.
    David

    ReplyDelete

April - the most stressful month

 And so, with its usual unstoppable momentum, April has rolled around and with it the start of the new school and business year. Sanae must ...